Happy Friday everyone! Today I finally have my New York Travel Diary for you! As you probably all know (because I already uploaded a few posts from the city) I’ve been to New York at the beginning of September and I absolutely love this city! So this post will be all about my favorite places around town. About where to go, eat/drink/snack, sleep and shop. Because the post is already quite long let’s start directly with my list, so here we go:
Things to do:
– Brooklyn Bridge Park (& Brooklyn Bridge): Probably one of my favorite places. You have an amazing view at the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan Skyline. You can also sit there so you can pick up some food or a snack or something to drink before you sit there and enjoy the view. Also walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, but make sure that it’s quite early otherwise the Bridge is full of tourists. (Brooklyn Bridge Park Homepage)
– High Line Park: The High Line is an old freight rail line elevated above the streets on Manhattan’s West Side, where plants and flowers are growing now. So it’s really nice to take a relaxing walk there. (High Line Park Homepage)
– Staten Island Ferry: The Staten Island Ferry is free so it doesn’t cost you a penny. Also the view from the Ferry is really nice and you past the Stature of Liberty. (Staten Island Ferry Homepage)
– Circle Line: At the Pier 83. I have to say that the view at the Circle Line Cruise is definitely more beautiful than at the Staten Island Ferry. So if you don’t care about paying something I would recommend this Cruise more. (Circle Line Cruise Homepage )
– Greenwich Village: Probably my absolute favorite district in Manhattan. There are so many cute shops and restaurant and also some rooftop gardens. It’s just really nice to walk around there.
– Jefferson Market Garden: While you’re walking through Greenwich Village you should definitely make a stop at the Jefferson Market Garden. Adress: 70A Greenwich Village, opening is weather permitted, opening times: 10 AM to dusk every day, expect Mondays. (Jefferson Market Garden Homepage)
– Dumbo: is short for Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass and is a part of Brooklyn. The Brooklyn Bridge Park is also located here and the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. Also there are everywhere super cute shops and cafés.
– Top of The Rock: At the Rockefeller Center. It’s typically touristic but the view is breathtaking. Address: 45 Rockefeller Plaza
– One World Observatory: Also a typical touristic attraction. But the view over the city is insane.
– Grand Central Terminal: I think everyone knows this place from movies and series and it’s definitely worth a visit. Address: 89E 42nd Street
Where to eat, drink & snack:
– Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory: The best Ice Cream in town! I can highly recommend the Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream, especially if you love chocolate ice cream as much as I do.
– Diners: at the Broadway, is a typical american diner. But the waiters are singing and dancing there. So it’s definitely a unique experience. Address: 1650 Broadway
– Magnolia Bakery: Which is known from Sex and the City, it’s really cute there and the cupcakes are delicious. Address: 401 Bleecker Street
– SPRINKLES Cupcake: I think everyone on Instagram has already seen the Sprinkles Cupcake automate, and I really think it’s a cute idea. However you can also go into the shop which is directly behind the automate. Address: 780 Lexington Ave, New York
– Bookmarks (Rooftop bar): A really beautiful Rooftop bar at the Library hotel. Address: 299 Madison Avenue
Where to shop:
– Century21: In this category I actually just have one recommendation for you. Because all the other stores I shopped something at are really common (like Zara, Brandy Melville, etc.). Century21 is the shop to go when you want to get a designer piece for less. It definitely needs some time to go through everything there but it’s worse it. I bought a little Guess bag from there and I’m totally in love with it. There are also more than one location for Century21 in New York.
Where to stay:
– Hyatt Place New York/Midtown-South: was the hotel we stayed in. And I still can’t believe the breathtaking view from our room. Actually the moment I looked out of the window there was the moment I fell in love with New York. Also make sure to ask for a room at a higher floor while booking, because that’s why we got upgraded from a room at the 4th floor to a room at 20th floor.
Have you also been to New York? What were your favorite places? I wish you all a beautiful weekend. Lots of Love, Jeany.
Top of the Rock. My favorite view.
Best Ice-cream in town from the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory
The view from the ship at the Cricle Line Tour around Manhattan.
The view from our room at the Hyatt Place.
Eating a delicious cupcake from the Magnolia bakery.
Our hotel room at the Hyatt Place.
You can also follow me on Bloglovin, Facebook or Instagram to stay updated.
Super schöne Bilder! Ich war vor einigen Jahren auch in New York und habe es total genossen. Die Stadt hat einfach etwas an sich was keine andere Stadt hat. Deine Tipps merke ich mir auf jeden Fall fürs nächste Mal 🙂
Dankeschön! Da kann ich dir wirklich komplett zustimmen, New York hat einfach so etwas einzigartiges 🙂
Wow, I love the first picture!!!
Ohh NEW YORK <3 Ich liebe diese Stadt und es ist immer wieder schön Impressionen von ihr zu sehen.
Luise | http://www.just-myself.com
All of your photos make me want to go back to NYC. It is my favorite city in the world 🙂
Thank you! And I literally feel the same, I miss the city so much and can’t wait to be back one day 🙂
Love this post. Now, i want go to NYC,haha! xoxo
Ohne Spaß, ich liebe deine Bilder! Die haben so was schönes und nicht sowas oberflächliches wie auf vielen anderen Blogs.
Und die Fotos lassen mich in Erinnerungen schwelgen, ich war im Sommer auch in NYC!
ps: was trägst du auf den lippen auf dem ersten bild?
Oh Dankeschön! Ich glaube das ist eins der schönsten Kompliment das ich jemals hier auf meinem Blog bekommen habe!
Und auf den Lippen trage ich den Viva Glam I von MAC 🙂
Makes me wanna go there. It looks amazing in the summer 🙂
Thank you 🙂
I went to NYC three years ago and I’m absolutely dying to go back. Will make sure to do all those things you mentioned when I visit again! Thanks for sharing.
MY LATEST POST
A lovely post with gorgeous photos. I’m English and have never been to America, but New York looks so dreamy – I’m desperate to go!
Thank you! I could really recommend it to you! 🙂